Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our first smoggy day so far...........


So, there it is.....the famous Hollywood sign. Isn't it beautiful in all its smog?
We woke up way too early this morning and headed out to Mel's diner for breakfast. Then we had some time by the pool which was hot but nice. Then, Laurie, I saw it......the In-n-Out Burger bag. How dare those people come to the pool with that bag of burgers? I decided right then and there we would go there for lunch. BUT............as we walked along, there were different "characters" (Batman, Transformers, Elvis) EVERYWHERE. Joelle was totally overwhelmed and didn't want to walk any more. Understanding, especially being so tired and hot. Nonetheless, we ended up eating at French Crepe (?). It was yummy and character-free. So, here we are back at our room at Joelle and Marina's request. They wanted to "rest". I guess their idea of rest is karate chopping each other, jumping on the beds and doing anything but rest. Oh well.....no rest for the weary. Orientation tonight at 5:30.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say even though it's smoggy...I am very jealous! LA is so cool - you are very lucky to be there and seeing all of the sights. Joelle, I hope your orientation went well. I've been thinking of you!

Love,
Auntie Laurie

Nanny and Papa said...

Hi Girls,
Well there it is...the famous Hollywood sign through the famous L.A. smog nonetheless. We listened to the weather tonight and it sounds as though it might get a little hotter out there. We can't wait to hear all about the orientation?? Amby has adjusted well to Buzzell Rd. I fried some chicken tenders for her tonight. She really loves her Nanny a lot now. Blueberry's new name is "Chubby." Only kidding.
I'll end this on a very happy note..."GO YANKEES"
I love you all very much,
Mom/Nanny